Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Priorities

I spend a lot of time worrying about my house. Is it clean enough, does it need repairs, what needs remodeling, how much all that costs, and on and on. This is not the most important thing in life. So why do I think about it SO MUCH? Because I like my house to be nice, to be clean, and because I feel better when it is. But it makes me cranky and turns me into an unpleasant person if it isn't done.

Sure, the occasional child or husband-inspired irritant is understandable. For example I am looking at a pie pan and lid that need to be thrown away, but were conveiniantly left on the living room book shelves for me along with various other dishes from last night. But why can't I just throw them away, clean up, and be nice to my hard-working husband when he gets home? Because...I...just...get...so...frustrated!

Seriously though, there are people dying, wars being fought, world-altering discoveries being made, and I'm obsessing over dirty dishes? My 2 year old is learning his ABC's, singing songs about Jesus and wants me to play with him and I spend my time with the laundry and dusting?
Am I the only one who has serious priority issues?

No comments: